Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Anderson Jon Anderson is offline

Default Single axis stepper controller w/single programmable relay output?

On 7/15/2011 11:58 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:

This is where you really need a F32 lens, or add a pin hole adapter to
your working rig.

Seriously.

Not too many of those around I recon, especially for a modern DSLR.
Such a small aperture calls for long exposures or some really bright
lighting. And I'm locked into that lens for any macro work calling for a
lot of depth of field (relatively speaking). There's -one- potentially
viable lens on ebay right now. A programmable slide offers the
flexibility to use any lens I can hang off the front of my bellows.
A lot has changed since the advent of high end DSLR cameras....

It just dawned on me, I -think- I still have a copy of the
step/direction version of the MaxNC software. Put that on a cheap laptop
and I've got my control. I also have a Sherline Z axis laying around,
and some stepper motors. Just need a cheap driver and a bit of work...
Not as clean and compact as the StackShot, but a hell of a lot cheaper...

Jon