Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default No comments from the GUN_Lovers

In article ,
"HeyBub" wrote:

Yep. Some years ago, the ACLU got all exercised about state mental
institutions. It is now the standard that a person may not be confined if
his mental illness does not present a threat to himself or others. No longer
can one be locked away because he smells funny.

It wasn't the ACLU's fault (although it pains me deeply to come to
their defense). This goes all the way back to JFK's administration and
an act requiring "least restrictive environment". Although they did push
a suit where the Supremes found a constitutional right to refuse
medications (setting up the revolving door where we get them tuned up on
meds, release them, they stop their meds, get readmitted, etc). I call
it a Psych Miranda Warning: You have a right to remain crazy.