Iain Gordon

Default Sony TV problems

"BigWallop" wrote in message

"Iain Gordon" wrote in message
. ..

"BigWallop" wrote in message

Snip
Replying to my own post.
I've now found the manual for the TV but the remote control

illustrated
looks nothing like the one I've got. This one is a combined VCR/TV
controller. I'm assured that this is the original controller that

came
with
the TV/VCR package (it's the M-I-L's TV). I've tried just about

every
conceivable combination of buttons.
Any other ideas?

Iain

Doesn't the remote have a "menu" or "set up" button on it ?

Yes, but only enables the VCR setup menu.
Iain

And there isn't a button that transfers the remote between VCR and TV ?

It
might be a small button on the side of the remote.

Yes, there is a button that switches the remote between VCR and TV but no
matter what I do I can't seem to get a menu screen in TV mode, although I
can get one on VCR mode when the VCR is connected to the TV.

Iain