Posted to rec.woodworking

Default I've Rediscovered WD-40

On 15 Jul 2011 23:49:22 GMT, (Scott Lurndal)
wrote:

(Edward A. Falk) writes:
Testify, brother! I too recently started squirting WD-40
into locks, kiddie wagons, and the fence on my table saw.

I too heard that it wasn't a lubricant, but it acts like one
enough to satisfy my needs.

Pick up a can of white lithium spray grease and lose the WD-40;
you'll never go back; particularly for locks.

scott

I prefer "fluid film" or Lloyds AD2000.
AD3000 is a bit heavier (kinda like the LPS1 and LPS2 product.

And yes, in Canada WD40 was convinced to remove "lubricates" from the
label.

Now says "stops squeaks, cleans and protects, loosens rusted
parts,fres sticky mechanisms,drives out moisture".

No "lubricates" or "penetrates" on the main label. (but still there in
the "applications" on the back.)