Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Drilling and brazing a fuel tank

On Tue, 12 Jul 2011 10:48:30 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Tue, 12 Jul 2011 11:59:39 -0500, Ignoramus15459

On 2011-07-12, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Tue, 12 Jul 2011 06:45:39 -0500, Ignoramus15459

On 2011-07-12, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Tue, 12 Jul 2011 02:19:36 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Ignoramus24437 wrote:

I sense a little bit of B/S and scare talk here.

Go ahead and blow your fool head off.

Dibs on the Lincoln welder!!

Iggy has evidently never seen a gasoline vapor explosion.

I hope he never does. But YouTube may be of assistance in his learning
journey.

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...ine+vapor+expl

Gunner

You two gave the exact example of "B/S and scare talk" that I was
referring to.

Of course we did. Did you view the links I provided?

Yes, they were all about tanks full of gasoline when they exploded.

So you are admitting to not having viewed any of the links. Pity.

Did I mention I have..had rather..a good friend who blew a lsmall
chunk of a Ford pickup truck gas tank directly through his lower
descending aorta and bled to death within a few seconds, while
brazing up a hole in it and another who suffered 3rd degree burns
and razed the garage to the ground, while doing something similar on
a VW gas tank? Both of course were empty. Jack has had 4 skin
grafts so far and he can talk pretty well these day.

But hey...I guess they were simply victims of B/S and scare talk huh?

No, but like I said, they probably did not observe the precautions.

Actually...they did. Not well enough...shrug....

Do as you wish Iggy. Frankly..while I like you a lot...Im getting tired
of holding your hand and being told Im an idiot.

So do as I suggested..fire up the torch (forget the long pole) and
direct the flame into the gas tank. Better yet..look into the filler
nozzle while doing so. You can get a really good look and see if its
rusty in there. Really.

I will do just that and will video tape it too

Good for you Lad! Ballsy fellow! Onward!!!

Dibs on your SA-200

Gunner

If he's pointed the right direction you might not even need to have it
delivered!!!

Anyone who cuts or welds on a container that has EVER contained
gosoline or other flamables without taking adequate precautions is a
fool and an idiot.
And "adequate" does not mean "barely adequate", or "should be good
enough".