Posted to alt.home.repair
DGDevin DGDevin is offline

Default No comments from the GUN_Lovers

"HeyBub" wrote in message

Let's lock you up in a desert camp under primitive conditions for a
few years on the basis of the ethnic origins of your family and see
if you describe the experience as merely having your feelings hurt. As
always you're happy to trivialize the suffering of other people,
there is no doubt your story would be different if you were the one
with the boot on your neck.

Yes, no doubt I would. But how is my personal feeling relevant to
establishing national policy? A country should not pass a law based on how
a particular individual "feels" about it.

"Feelings" have nothing to do with it. Citizens are rounded up and without
even being accused of a crime much less convicted of one they are confined
behind barbed wire for years while their hard-earned property is seized and
sold off so when they are eventually released they discover their land and
property gone--exactly where is the American dream in that nightmare
scenario? I don't give a crap if it was legal, slavery was legal in America
at one time too which didn't stop it from being unjust, wicked and just
plain wrong. Liberty isn't supposed to be just a bumper sticker slogan,
it's supposed to mean something. In the end either everyone has the same
rights or nobody's rights are safe. You're so willing to **** away the
rights of others that you'd better hope poetic justice doesn't come looking
for you one day, say if your city decides to seize your real estate not for
some public project of pressing value but merely for commercial development
which the Supreme Court said a few years ago is perfectly legal. I would
rage against that too, not out of regard for your feelings, but because it
is wrong.