Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default No comments from the GUN_Lovers

DGDevin wrote:

Roosevelt interred the Japanese.

Oh, you must mean Americans of Japanese descent, as opposed to
Americans of German descent or Americans of Italian descent who were
not locked up unless they were citizens of a hostile power. And then
the 442 became the most decorated unit in the Army despite that the
friends and relations of the Japanese-American soldiers in that unit
were behind barbed wire in the desert. Still, can't be too careful,
those Ornamentals are notoriously untrustworthy.

"Kill Japs. Kill Japs. Kill more Japs"

In each of these cases, our betters believed the continued existence
of the country took precedence over whether someone's feelings got
hurt.

Let's lock you up in a desert camp under primitive conditions for a
few years on the basis of the ethnic origins of your family and see
if you describe the experience as merely having your feelings hurt. As
always you're happy to trivialize the suffering of other people,
there is no doubt your story would be different if you were the one
with the boot on your neck.

Yes, no doubt I would. But how is my personal feeling relevant to
establishing national policy? A country should not pass a law based on how a
particular individual "feels" about it.