Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default History Lesson on Your Social Security Card

wrote in message
On Jul 15, 5:58 pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:

Right. What you described is not risk. It's pretty much guaranteed. What
is
at risk is your private investments.

--
Ed Huntress

I can not conceive of my running out of money during retirement.

That may or may not relate to what we were talking about. If you mean you
can't conceive of your private investments tanking, then you're assuming
that well-crafted investment portfolios don't have risk. They do. A lot of
people got big surprises just a few years ago.

If you mean that the money you have in retirement doesn't depend on your
investments, well, that's good for you. But it wasn't the subject.

--
Ed Huntress