Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bill[_37_] Bill[_37_] is offline

Default History Lesson on Your Social Security Card

wrote:
On Jul 15, 1:33 pm, wrote:

What does "safer" mean? You may do better thinking in terms of
"expected value" and "standard deviation". I agree with you: I think
the bottom line is to be *diversified*. However, following any
assumption comes with a risk. So does driving your car.

Bill

There is some risk with anything. I have some low risk investments
and some fairly risky investments. By fairly risky, I mean
investments where I could lose all of my investment, but would lose
more than I invested. But I have more than one risky investment. So
if several go bust, but several do real well I come out ahead. And a
lot more fun than investing in government bonds.

Dan

It's my point of view that it's a better hedge against inflation too.
I think I'd rather be invested in MMM (3M) than $$$.

Bill