Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default History Lesson on Your Social Security Card

wrote in message
On Jul 15, 2:32 pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:

It's basically diversified across the entire economy. If the government
defaults, we're all screwed, and your other investments probably will go
with it.

May be true for you, but not for me.

Good for you. Maybe you're even right. Chances are, though, you're not.

As risks go, a government default is pretty well hedged -- not by a
guarentee of performance, but by a near guarentee that everything else
would
go with it, anyway.

If you're worried about that, buy gold. You can always use it to weight
down
your shoes when you drown yourself. d8-)

I do not think gold is a good investment. I am not expecting a
government default, but think it is nice that if it does I will still
have investments that will not sink as much as most U.S. based
investments.

I used to have lunch with an amateur stock-market ghoul. He gave me the
creeps. d8-)

I'll bet on the US. You bet on whatever you want.

Dan

--
Ed Huntress