Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nick Leverton Nick Leverton is offline

Default Welding cast iron

In article ,
Matty F wrote:
On Jul 15, 8:44 pm, fred wrote:
In article
,
harry writes

Assuming you are in the UK and not Zimbabwe.

Point of order Harry, Zimbabwe is one of a very few commercial railways
to run steam locos in continuous line service until now. Most steam
preservation outfits would give their eye teeth for Bulawayo shed's
facilities. Steam overhauls are (AFAIK) contracted out to ZECO
Engineering but repairs are still dealt with on shed. Bulawayo shed
takes safety seriously. However I don't think NRZ goes back to the days
of cast iron steam manifolds.

Any regular who takes an interest in what is contributed here will know
which country the op hails from.

I have recently moved to Afghanistan, where this miniature steam
engine is on static display and never fired up. I have decided to make
a new pipe out of wood, as nobody will know the difference.

We shall have to add a new 3'6" gauge chapter to the Afghan Railways handbook.

Nick
--
Serendipity: http://www.leverton.org/blosxom (last update 29th March 2010)