Bridger

Default Stupid newbie question on Routers

On 19 Feb 2004 06:46:15 -0800, (Childfree
Scott) wrote:

The onlt thing I can think of at the moment that I really want to do
with it is rouer out a little bit of wood on my cabinet hinges because
my new cabinet hinges leave an air gap slightly larger than the old
ones did.

Probably a good use for a trim router. Practice on some scrap first.
Remember you really can put wood *back* if you grind it away. I'd suspect
that most others would take a chisel to this task.

I realize that, but I bet with a little practice with my trim router I
can do a much nicer job (and quicker too) with a router. If I end up
doing all my kitchen cabinet doors than you really don't want to use a
chisel.

unless you are either using a template or have lotsa skill with that
router AND are using round cornered hinges you'll have to clean up
with a chisel anyway.

sometimes I start with the router, sometimes not....
Bridger