BruceR

Default Good Mac (OS X) Woodworking Software

Design workshop lite (freeware) runs on classic and in the classic
enviroment under OSX. Not too bad for general visualization stuff.
http://www.artifice.com/free/dw_lite.html

Wine (Wine Is Not an Emulator) does a good job of translating the
Windows API into X11 for use of windows software on linux.

-Bruce

p_j wrote:
My hardware is too old to use OSX, but here is one you can check out:

http://www.gizmolab.com/software/

Also, I wonder if Autocad is available for unix. If so, there are no
doubt people using it on OSX now and it will become more practical in
the near future. Ditto for other unix CAD software.