Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default don't take the beer

On Fri, 15 Jul 2011 07:07:43 -0500, Karl Townsend
wrote:

You may have heard MN state gov'ment shut down. The pols just settled.
The reason, beer licences had expired and many brands were due to be
pulled off the shelves. Don't take our beer.

I won't. Where's Jesse Ventura when you need him?

The settlement is disgusting. The ultimate kick the can down the road
solution. Borrow from here, there, everywhere and say now the budget
is balanced. Probably a prelude to what is going to happen in DC next
month. We're getting the government we deserve.

I'm waiting to read in the newspapers how Gunner's Great Cull has
finally started. It's amazing how the American public has become so
complacent as to allow this to continue happening. Locke had it right.

See:
http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/reese.asp

From Survival Monkey:

Unintended Consequences, by John Ross 1996
ISBN: (978)1-888118-04-01

Link to FREE .pdf version:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/11793519/U...d-Consequences

Link to the .pdf on SM Downloads:
http://www.survivalmonkey.com/forum/downloads.php

On Amazon it sells for more than $100 used.

Brief synopsis by Brokor:
"Excellent combination of historical fiction and political thriller,
this work chronicles the deterioration of gun rights in the United
States by following a family through the 20th century. Included are
detailed fictionalized accounts of the Ruby Ridge massacre, the FBI
shootout in Miami in 1986, and the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising of World War
II. The book then moves to the present day, describing a rouge
government agency that attempts to criminalize legal gun owners, and
armed resistance breaks out.

Not for the faint of heart, this book is violently and sexually
graphic, and its message will be objectionable to most. But it
presents an interesting thought exercise--were the Founding Fathers
serious when they established the 2nd amendment as a means of citizens
defending themselves in the face of tyranny? And if so, what would
that look like in the 21st century?"

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED AND ENTERTAINING READ.
"Whenever the legislators endeavor to take away and destroy the
property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary
power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people, who
are thereupon absolved from any further obedience." - John Locke

Read mo
http://www.survivalmonkey.com/forum/...#ixzz1SB7aqbEx

--
Learning to ignore things is one of the great paths to inner peace.
-- Robert J. Sawyer