Posted to alt.home.repair
SMS SMS is offline

Default How to pool chlorinators work?

On 7/14/2011 7:46 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 14 Jul 2011 18:10:21 -0700,
wrote:

On 7/14/2011 5:34 PM,
wrote:

We get enough rain to keep the stabilizer down. I haven't noticed any
sign of concentration of the chlorine around the floater. It seems to
test pretty consistently, wherever I take the sample.

LOL, that's what finally reduced my stabilizer low enough this past
winter. It rained so much that was pumping water out of the pool every
few weeks. This diluted the stabilizer and got in to between 50 and 80
(depending on the employee performing the test).

When I built the pool I put an overflow in the design so it auto
levels when it rains. There are 3 cutouts under the coping in the far
side swim out that allow the excess to drain away from the house. That
ends up being part of the normal drainage from the pool deck, roof etc
that all slopes out that way.

So where does it drain? Here you can't let your pool water drain into
the soil or the storm drain on the street, it has to go into the sewer.