Posted to alt.home.repair
chaniarts[_2_] chaniarts[_2_] is offline

Default Suggestion for a good pool glue (plastic on plastic, always under water)

arkland wrote:
On Thu, 14 Jul 2011 10:10:05 -0700, GROVER wrote:

DAGS for "This to That"

I had never heard of http://www.thistothat.com before so thanks for
the pointer.

Unfortunately, they don't have anything whatsoever on their site that
says it will work under water.

Their glue calculator, for example, to glue "plastic" to "plastic",
simply comes up with:

"If you are gluing PVC plumbing pipes, we recommend: PVC Adhesive
If you are gluing something else and your joint needs to be flexible
use: Household Goop
Otherwise, use: LePage's 5 Minute Epoxy or LePage's Regular Minute
Epoxy"

devcon has a 2 part putty epoxy. available at home depot. i use it to attach
corals to rocks in my salt water tanks. it cures underwater just fine, but
it has to have some sort of mechanical lock, so you have to rough up the 2
surfaces well.