Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default Suggestion for a good pool glue (plastic on plastic, always under water)

"Don Phillipson" wrote in
:

"arkland" wrote in message

I have a small 1-inch long, half-inch wide white plastic 'tab' that fell
off which holds a cover down.

It's all under water (a few thousand gallons would have to be removed to
expose it to air).

It's plastic on plastic.

Any suggestions for a good glue that works underwater?

Is there such a thing?

What did they tell you at the pool store?
(It was years ago, details now forgotten, but when I showed
the pool store expert various parts disassembled from a
filter, he told me two items were broken, i.e. ought to
comprise a single unit: and recommended an appropriate
adhesive: which worked.)

epoxy works underwater.
but getting a clean surface to bond to might be a problem.
gotta rough it up,too.maybe dril some holes for extra bonding surface.
Can you unscrew or remove the broken part and glue it above water?

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik