Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Suggestion for a good pool glue (plastic on plastic, always under water)

On Jul 14, 9:10*am, "Don Phillipson" wrote:
"arkland" wrote in message

I have a small 1-inch long, half-inch wide white plastic 'tab' that fell
off which holds a cover down.

It's all under water (a few thousand gallons would have to be removed to
expose it to air).

It's plastic on plastic.

Any suggestions for a good glue that works underwater?

Is there such a thing?

What did they tell you at the pool store?
(It was years ago, details now forgotten, but when I showed
the pool store expert various parts disassembled from a
filter, he told me two items were broken, i.e. ought to
comprise a single unit: *and recommended an appropriate
adhesive: *which worked.)

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Crazy glue could work. Of course it depends on the surface
area you have to work with and what forces the "tab" are
exposed to.