Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Don't try to do this, and move your shop at the same time ...

On Thu, 14 Jul 2011 10:20:53 -0500, Swingman wrote:

On 7/13/2011 8:45 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Wed, 13 Jul 2011 19:37:44 -0500, wrote:

scratched in the future (if I told you how I did it, I'd have to kill
you)

OK, so you scribed it to the wall, and I saw the mortises for L-
brackets, suckah, and I'll bet there were some Franch cleats back
there on the bottom, too. (Pffffft!)

+10 on heavy duty "L" brackets, one leg thereof installed under the
drywall at the bottom of the unit. Top is held to wall with shorter "L"
brackets oriented in the opposite plane, they did not need to be hidden
due to the proximity of the ceiling.

Unfortunately, French cleats would not have worked well in this
situation for a number of reasons, mostly to do with casting shadows.

How shallow is that light box? So, did you slit one side and allow
the lexan to slide out from the side in order to clean it or to change
lamps?

Looks good, though there is some concern about the intensity of the
fluors behind that thing. Was that the camera being blown out, or is
it a bit bright?

It's not that bright in actuality, the POS camera caused to the light to
bloom.

OK.

Actually, I've decided to have professional photos done for this
particular project since it has plenty of unusual design elements that
took a good deal of head scratching for both Leon and I to effect ...
the suspended peninsula cabinet, with that stainless steel foot and
hidden suspension system; and this shelf, being just two of the more
visible elements in that regard.

Yeah, produce a nice little brochure pic for your mobile electronic
brochure.

All in all, an interesting, and challenging, project.

I can imagine. I hope you made more than a buck on it.

--
Learning to ignore things is one of the great paths to inner peace.
-- Robert J. Sawyer