Posted to rec.woodworking
GROVER GROVER is offline

Default Don't try to do this, and move your shop at the same time ...

On Jul 13, 8:37*pm, Swingman wrote:
This was an interesting, last minute addition to a kitchen Leon and I
recently finished.

Client insisted upon a back-lit shelf to show off some art glass pieces.
Your wish is my command:

https://picasaweb.google.com/karlcai...henShopPicture...

https://picasaweb.google.com/karlcai...henShopPicture...

https://picasaweb.google.com/karlcai...henShopPicture...

https://picasaweb.google.com/karlcai...henShopPicture...

https://picasaweb.google.com/karlcai...henShopPicture...

https://picasaweb.google.com/karlcai...henShopPicture...

(Yes, the camera in my DroidX sucks bananas!)

Solid hard maple shelving; 1/4" Lexan polycarbonate sheeting for light
diffusion; with lighting built-in to wall behind; magically hanging on
non-square, non-plumb, curved wall, with NO visible hardware/means of
support insisted upon; ... and oh yes, the piece has to come off the
wall easily, and the Lexan must be able to be changed if accidentally
scratched in the future (if I told you how I did it, I'd have to kill
you) *

--www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
KarlC@ (the obvious)