Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Don't try to do this, and move your shop at the same time ...

On 7/14/2011 10:04 AM, Robatoy wrote:
On Jul 14, 9:41 am, wrote:
On 7/13/2011 11:14 PM, Leon wrote:

On 7/13/2011 8:45 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
OK, so you scribed it to the wall, and I saw the mortises for L-
brackets, suckah, and I'll bet there were some Franch cleats back
there on the bottom, too. (Pffffft!)

Looks good, though there is some concern about the intensity of the
fluors behind that thing. Was that the camera being blown out, or is
it a bit bright?

--
Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative
effort.

I am guessing the droid camera phone takes into consideration all of the
ambient lighting. Metering on the case and locking in that exposure
would have probably resulted in a more realistic result.

Nope, it would not have ... unfortunately subject onboard camera does
not work that way/allow that basic exposure method. It acts like it
does, but the result is a mere 21st century corporate marketing falsehood.

Guys, it's 2011, and this is a typical POS from ****ing Motorola ...
what else can I say.

George Carlin did a routine about Harley Davidson in which he said:
"Harley Davidson used to STAND for something..."

I feel that way about Motorola. When you had a Motorola piece of gear,
it was a piece of gear that meant something. Those early cellphones
even. They were something Patton would have been proud of.
They made many robust CPU's which helped Apple in building their
reputation, but how does a company compete with the
betterfastercheaperchildlabourcosts approach to business?

Motorola may have built some good stuff back in the uhhhhhhh.
A tire store that I worked for in the mid 70's had the local Motorola
account to handle the tires on all their cars. The reps continuously
complained about the gear they had in their vehicles.

My wife carried around a trunk load of Motorola mobile equipment back in
the early 80's. Fortunately she never had it installed. Co-workers had
constant problems with their equipment and it was basically non
functional except to drain the car battery.