Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke[_3_] Hawke[_3_] is offline

Default OT - State ranking of science education

On 7/14/2011 4:48 AM, wrote:
On Jul 13, 8:35 pm, wrote:

Like the Taliban, who only learn what the Koran tells them, the people
of the red states only learn what the Bible says. This of course, leaves
a big gap in what they know about science.

Hawke

Another statement that is wrong. I worked in Huntsville, Alabama
along side of many Southerners that worked on the NASA space program.
I did not see any gaps in their knowledge of science. I would bet
good money that their knowledge of science was better than yours.

My son went to school in Alabama and learned a lot of things that are
not in the Bible.

I strongly suspect that the poor scores in Science are matched by poor
scores in all other subjects.

Dan

Dan, I'm afraid you are humor challenged. You can't seem to have a hard
time distinguishing when someone is being tongue and cheek or totally
serious. Statements like the one I made above are not meant to be taken
absolutely literally. So it's obviously "wrong". Besides that,
broadbrush statements are meant to generalize and never are meant to
apply to everyone.

Hawke