Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default Cleaning dirty hands

On Jul 14, 9:08*am, Erik wrote:
In article ,

*micky wrote:
I broke my best fingernai/fingerprintl/wrinkle brush, and the other
one has bristles on both sides, one side stiffer than the other.
After a while, it's not comfortable to rake the stiff bristles over my
tender fingers.

But I had this old car washing brush. * They probably still sell them..
It's shaped like a rowboat, rounded at the front but coming to a
point. *Flat at the back. * *This one is red with whilte bristles..

I guess it's meant to not scratch the car's paint -- Are you really
allowed to use a brush on the paint? *-- but it works well on my
hands, even without soap, getting all the oil etc. of my fingerprintes
and the wrinkles on the top of my knuckles. * *And it's much bigger
too, so it goes faster. * *It *works even better than the broken
briush did.

I use those plastic pot scrubber things... not the Scotchbrite type, but
the multi colored ones that are a rolled up tube of plastic mesh... and
are about the size of a rounded off thick hockey puck. They usually come
like 3 to a bag... and the dollar store cheap ones are by far best for
hand/arm use. These are the same scrubbers most people dislike for dish
use, as food particles often become trapped within them...

Unroll before use... some are so long they require cutting in two, but
try them a little before cutting.

They're great... you can bear down and scrub hard as you want without
bristles flexing, and form/fold into most any shape necessary. If not
lost they last years in hand/arm use... but brushes are still necessary
for around and under nails...

Another trick... if your project doesn't involve water... is to lather
up your hands and arms before getting dirty, and work in said lather
till dry. Scrape it under your nails too. *Clean up will be MUCH easier..
Better suited to smaller, shorter projects in my experience... and as
always, your mileage may vary...

Erik- Hide quoted text -

Angle grinder?

All these chemicals and oils are in the long term very bad for you.
Wear gloves where you can even though it's cissy.