Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Just got a bandsaw

In article , lcb11211
@swbelldotnet says...

On 7/13/2011 9:05 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Wed, 13 Jul 2011 07:38:41 -0500, Leonlcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 7/12/2011 8:03 AM, J. Clarke wrote:

--nothing of consequence--

As usual you are showing your ignorance in public.

Leon, once you understand the concept, handling trolls is easy.
You simply don't repy to their teasers and you filter them so you
don't see the crap they spew.

--
Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort.
-- Franklin D. Roosevelt

But the trouble with totally ignoring, some one, a newbe, might believe
what they have to say.

So when he makes a false statement in regard to what I have said, he is
going to be called on it and corrected.

What I wanna know is how on this "HD band saw" one manages to go from a
1-1/2 inch blade to a 1/8 inch blade without adjusting guides. Does the
1/8 inch blade just ride way back in the back of the guides rubbing its
teeth off them and riding on the edge of the wheel or something?

Every band saw I've ever seen has an upper and lower guide behind the
blade and when you change blades widths that has to be adjusted to the
new width. Is this "HD band saw" not so equipped?

I mean since I'm so horribly wrong on this that I deserve to be
killfiled, I'd really like to know.