Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - State ranking of science education

On Jul 13, 8:35*pm, Hawke wrote:

Like the Taliban, who only learn what the Koran tells them, the people
of the red states only learn what the Bible says. This of course, leaves
a big gap in what they know about science.

Hawke

Another statement that is wrong. I worked in Huntsville, Alabama
along side of many Southerners that worked on the NASA space program.
I did not see any gaps in their knowledge of science. I would bet
good money that their knowledge of science was better than yours.

My son went to school in Alabama and learned a lot of things that are
not in the Bible.

I strongly suspect that the poor scores in Science are matched by poor
scores in all other subjects.

Dan