Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Don't try to do this, and move your shop at the same time ...

On 7/13/2011 8:45 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Wed, 13 Jul 2011 19:37:44 -0500, wrote:

This was an interesting, last minute addition to a kitchen Leon and I
recently finished.

Client insisted upon a back-lit shelf to show off some art glass pieces.
Your wish is my command:

https://picasaweb.google.com/karlcai...96144099114402

https://picasaweb.google.com/karlcai...96130222675010

https://picasaweb.google.com/karlcai...96113229378594

https://picasaweb.google.com/karlcai...95217651021170

https://picasaweb.google.com/karlcai...95283515524130

https://picasaweb.google.com/karlcai...95838485545330

(Yes, the camera in my DroidX sucks bananas!)

Solid hard maple shelving; 1/4" Lexan polycarbonate sheeting for light
diffusion; with lighting built-in to wall behind; magically hanging on
non-square, non-plumb, curved wall, with NO visible hardware/means of
support insisted upon; ... and oh yes, the piece has to come off the
wall easily, and the Lexan must be able to be changed if accidentally
scratched in the future (if I told you how I did it, I'd have to kill
you)

OK, so you scribed it to the wall, and I saw the mortises for L-
brackets, suckah, and I'll bet there were some Franch cleats back
there on the bottom, too. (Pffffft!)

Looks good, though there is some concern about the intensity of the
fluors behind that thing. Was that the camera being blown out, or is
it a bit bright?

--
Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort.
-- Franklin D. Roosevelt

I am guessing the droid camera phone takes into consideration all of the
ambient lighting. Metering on the case and locking in that exposure
would have probably resulted in a more realistic result.