Eric Ryder

Default Pneumatic fastener question (part 2 from T-111)

"jester" wrote in message
OK... The info from the previous post is quite clear... go with a
framing nailer for T-111 hanging... But here is another question I have
come up with from browsing all the pneumatic nailers out the
What the what!?
Brads I get... for small, fine woodworking, tacking, etc.
Finishing nails... bigger than brads, longer (just a tad) and heaver...
but there are 2 kinds angled and straight... then you throw in the
crown staplers (seem like they are finish nailer with an attitude),
framing nailers (all the types; rolled, straight, full head or clipped
head...)

Does anyone have a nice resource that lists the type of fastener and
it's use? Or anyone have the time to make such a list... I'm sure the
vendors could clearly explain why I need one of each type... but I'm
looking for the general use of these different fastener technologies.

I'm lost in a sea of pointy wire things that all seem to look basically
the same and need help figuring out which does what!

The siding nailers are the right tool for your stuff. Coil feed, thinner
head and wire than the framers. Galv and SS nails readily available. I've
had the Bostich and have the Makita now

http://www.firstauction.com/shop/typ...de_552708.html