Posted to alt.home.repair

Default window AC electric usage increasing a days wears on...

Watts is a unit of work. If the voltage drops, it should be
same watts, over all.

And the OP is testing at different times of the same day, so
compressor wear is negligible.

I suspect the difference is the outdoor air temp.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"ransley" wrote in message
On Jul 12, 1:09 pm, kansascats wrote:
I plugged my window AC into a "killawatt". It was running
900 watts,
then the past few days it's been climbing to 1000, then
1100, even
1200 as the day wears on -- and the sun beats down on the
unit to the
west side.

Suppose shading this could make a big (300 w) difference?

I would think voltagw is dropping or the compressor is
failing, how
old is it