Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil L[_3_] Phil L[_3_] is offline

Default Weep holes

Graham Jones wrote:
Hello,

We are having an extension built, cavity wall, block & brick. The
builder seems to be doing a very good job, but I can't see any weep
holes.

From what I can determine he has placed, at regular intervals, pieces
of DPC which bridge the cavity from a higher course on the inside to a
lower course on the outside. So maybe a cavity tray made from DPC? But
this does not run the entire length, just sections at regular
intervals.

But there are no weep holes.

The building inspector came today and was happy so I guess this is OK,
I'm going to ask the builder about it tomorrow but it would be nice to
get my facts straight first. An Internet search has left me even more
confused!

Can anyone here help?

Weep holes are only used over something solid, like a lintel, plastic meter
box or where the brickwork below the tray is to be an inside wall, IE above
a porch when building a house with integrated porch