Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Phillipson[_3_] Don Phillipson[_3_] is offline

Default OT Why such a big plane?

"micky" wrote in message

OT Why such a big plane?

They are doing an aerial survey of air pollution this month over the
area between Baltimore and DC. I don't disapprove, I probably
approve, but I dont' unsderstand why they are using a 4-engine,
properller plane. 117 feet long (or wide)

Your accountant may understand. If you already own a flying
laboratory (i.e. have already paid for its equipment, maintenance
and aircrew, and must pay its future costs whether in use or idle)
it may be cheaper to use this rather than rent a smaller aircraft
and convert it (installing nine scientific instruments etc.)

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs