Posted to uk.d-i-y
Pete[_15_] Pete[_15_] is offline

Default How to put up a curtain pole in this situation

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.co.uk...

On Tue, 12 Jul 2011 23:06:54 +0100, Pete wrote:

would that not leave aa gap on the ends for light to creep through ?

I thought the black out ended years ago. B-)

Hehe she works nights as a SHO at Guys and sleeps during the day and has
turned a little sensitive to the days. I guess the bodies nocturnal settings
have been disrupted.

With the bracket spaced a little in from the end of the rod and the
first ring fitted between the wall and the bracket it's as good as it
going to get.

I see what you mean now, I had in my head about the finals not going on etc.
But I guess its not all going to fit. I think I should ask her if she'd
prefer a blackout blind as you suggested would be a better fit and be nice
and dark for her.

If you want to retain the finials on the rod then you have little
option but to have a gap down the sides roughly the width of the
finials.

If your daughter really must have blackout conditions then perhaps a
roller blind that runs in channels down each side is a solution, with
the pole and curtains on the room side to make it less stark.

Thanks Dave