Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Shower pump not needed?

On 12/07/2011 23:22, Alan (BigAl) wrote:
Thanks all for the input.
I think that I will use one of these : -
http://www.betterbathrooms.com/showe...ide-rail-pack/
or summat similar.

Now - if I mount it into a corner with two solid brick walls, how best to
pipe up to it?
Is it usual to create a false wall and tile it, or cut a channel for the
pipes?

Sorry for the stupid questions, but this is one of the few jobs around the
house that I have not yet tried to do.

You'll probably want to tile it, either way. In your situation, I'd cut
a channel in the brickwork and use copper pipes - with compression to FI
elbows at the appropriate place for connecting the shower.
--
Cheers,
Roger