Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Watts Tim Watts is offline

Default Square bar for door handles

Andrew Mawson wrote:

"Tim Watts" wrote in message
news
I'm totally amazed - not a single likely shop out of several

hardware stores
sell them.

Neither in my village or central London. Do they never break for

other
people (well, mine was made of ****ite, not steel)...

Oh well, ebay to the rescue...
--
Tim Watts

Tim,

Pop down to the farm and I'll give you a bit - it's ony 1/4" square
stock

Andrew

Kind offer Andrew - thanks, but I ordered a few in different lenghts on ebay
already (a couple of quid each inc P&P, depending on length).

It was just *very* surprising that no hardward store (proper ones, sort of)
kept them, despite selling mortice locks...

I got a few as I suspect other handles in the house have ****ite bars too...

The shops tried were Robertsbridge (Alan's) - to be fair, he's only just
branched into hardware, it's mostly a bike shop - but he does keep good
stuff; the farmers and hardware store up the road (lump of steel for yer
tractor, not probs, hinges, locks, handles but no bar); Dyas near Covent
Garden and a random but old style hardware shop on the Strand...

Dare say B&Q would have them (or at least plain bar) but that involves an
hour's round trip...

--
Tim Watts