Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Just got a bandsaw

"Dr. Deb" wrote in
:

If I had just gotten a new bandsaw, the first thing I would do is get
a "riser" for it and increase the throat height by 6" (that comes in
so handy for so many things) Obviously, when you do that you need a
new blade - I agree with the "Wood Slicer" from Hightland Hardware
recommendation. I have tried others and have had none that touched
the way the Wood Slicer performs. As far as releasing the tension, I
never do and have had no excess wear on the tires. I have had the saw
over 10 years I am still on the same set of tires and they show no
grooving at all at all.

Deb

I'm seriously considering getting the riser kit. I know it changes the
blade size, so I'll probably use what I've got to get a feel for how the
saw works.

Does your saw get used on a regular basis? That seems to be one of the
variables no one mentions when talking about releasing the tension.

Puckdropper