Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default History Lesson on Your Social Security Card

"PrecisionmachinisT" wrote in message
news:YYmdneDWGLucIIHTnZ2dnUVZ_vCdnZ2d@scnresearch. com...

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

I think it's great that the republicans want to take "our" social
security away. Anyone who couldn't save up enough during their working
life to live a comfortable retirement and pay the three million dollars
their end of life care will cost deserves to be homeless, in the street
and eating dog food. It will be great for this country when the
republicans succeed in eliminating this evil program so those of us with
vast wealth can enjoy it without those pesky old folks using up our
resources and making us pay higher taxes.

Uh, I don't know who wrote that, but it wasn't me. It's pretty good, though.
d8-)

Don't forget that at least from what I gather, it was Reagon that's
allowed the government to "borrow and spend" the surplus social security
reciepts over the last 30 years or so....

I'm not sure. I'd have to go back and look. There was a projected SS
shortfall in the '80s, but I don't know if the SS fund actually went
negative at that time. I think that Greenspan pushed a plan that saved it
from happening.

Of course, it was *supposed to be paid back, with interest*...from tax
revenues..

--not surprisingly, now not only do the republicans want to weasel out,
they also want to cut benefits...

The bottom line is that where there could have accumulated a huge surplus,
instead there's now a huge liability.

This is a tricky one. There isn't now, and there never was, a means to
*accumulate* a surplus. The idea was that Congress would be aware of the
accounting situation and budget accordingly, but that SS actually would
always be paid out of current revenues, in a pay-as-you-go plan.

We have no way to create a significant savings account at the federal level.
It is possible to create one, but it probably would cause more trouble than
it would be worth. You can't take money out of the economy without
consequences. Dollar bills do not constitute a savings account if you're the
federal government. Even if you stick it under the mattress, all you're
doing is subtracting from and then adding to the money supply. You aren't
actually saving something with asset value.

And Ill bet you love having 20 million illegal aliens lined up for their
piece of the pie to!!

Your header information was forwarded to those keeping the List.

You'd better consult with your team of lawyers, Gunner. You just admitted
to conspiracy to commit...whatever you're threatening....and accessory.

Fortunately for you, you're full of ****. Otherwise, you would have just
crossed over the line.

Those last two paragraphs are the part that I wrote, FWIW.

--
Ed Huntress