Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Need an inexpensive folding outfeed table?

On 7/11/2011 5:31 PM, Swingman wrote:
On 7/11/2011 4:50 PM, Leon wrote:

If you put an apron horizontally on the back side of the saw and run the
legs at an angle to set on the apron you can move the saw with out
having to remove or readjust the out feed.

Gave it some consideration but had two problems with that approach on
this model Unisaw:

~ Interior DC sheet metal panels, and the location of the DC port, makes
for difficult access to bolt on an apron, resulting in a very acute
outfeed leg angle, which precludes desired outfeed table stability (you
would need to add a third leg for stability, as Delta does in their
commercial outfeed table).

~ My low assembly table, which I'm fond of and find indispensable for
the way I work, would not then fit under the outfeed table.

The first could likely be solved with much more effort than I was
willing to expend, but the second was the deal killer.

Gotcha!