Posted to uk.d-i-y
alexander.keys1[_3_] alexander.keys1[_3_] is offline

Default Computers: Ubuntu Linux problems

On Jul 11, 5:00*pm, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:
David P wrote:
On Mon, 11 Jul 2011 05:41:10 -0700, alexander.keys1 wrote:

I've just installed Ubuntu Linux 11.04, because Windows kept crashing,
and we didn't get a backup disc with our PC.

There are two problems so far: the 'Time and Date' dialogue box will not
appear, Ubuntu's website is useless as it says you need to get the box
up first to enable time setting...

Which box would that be?

Should be on NNTP anway.

Top RHS of screen (on standard set up) is the date and time box. *Right
click om it and play away.

Thats the gnome way, for sure.

Also only USB mice will work, ones that use the proper mouse port will
only move the cursor vertically... how incompetent can you get?

No problem here.
Have you checked and degunged your mouse's internals?

Since by the time the signal gets to Ubuntu, its doesn't know the
difference between up/down/left/right that is a mouse, not a ubuntu,

The mouse worked fine before.