Posted to alt.home.repair
Hell Toupee[_4_] Hell Toupee[_4_] is offline

Default How hard is it to add a small corner seat to an existing showerstall?

On 7/10/2011 6:48 AM, Jennifer Murphy wrote:
On Sat, 9 Jul 2011 22:58:15 -0700,
wrote:

We use one of those cheap but sturdy plastic patio chairs. Very stable. They
sell for between 5 and 10 dollars. Good support, too. Big box stores or
supermarkets.

Walter

That's a good idea. Thanks.

I checked out our local Goodwill. Goodwill loans out handicapped
assistance devices for free on a short-term loan basis. Everything
from canes and walkers to wheelchairs to shower chairs and raised
toilet seats. They accept donated items, disinfect and sanitize them,
then loan them out. So visit your local Goodwill's product rental
facility and inspect their shower chair inventory. When you find a
likely-looking model, note the specs then go out and buy one.

And by the way, a.h.r folks - if you ever have a handicapped
assistance device you no longer need, donate it to Goodwill. There are
a lot of people who will be very grateful that they can borrow it
while they are incapacitated or recuperating, instead of having to buy
what they need.