Posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.d-i-y
andrew andrew is offline

Default Talk Talk Internet not working.

John Rumm wrote:

If the router is indicating that it has ADSL sync (i.e. ADSL/DSL/WAN
light flashes at startup, and then goes steady after a short delay),
then there are a number of possibilities. Obvious one would be a stale
connection. To fix this, turn the router off for half an hour and then
power back on, wait a couple of mins and try again.

I made the mistake of migrating 'phone and broadband to talktalk. The router
shows sync and everything looks ok but it's like the dns servers don't
respond, I keep meaning to ping a known IP but am normally in a rush to get
back online. It has to be rebooted every 3-4 days. Just switching on and
off is enough. IP address seems to stay the same. I never had this problem
before and since have found another talktalk customer on a different
exchange with exactly the same problem.

Caller display is erratic and often the number is truncated. I have raised
the fault on a number of occasions and have e-mails back saying they have
escalated it to a technical department, next I get an e-mail saying as they
haven't heard they are closing the fault as solved.

If I thought I had a case for terminating the service I would revert to the
previous provider (BT) but as it works and is quicker than BT was for the
sake of pushing a button...

OTOH if I still wanted to SSH in to a computer at home I would certainly
take some effort to drop them.

AJH