Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Need an inexpensive folding outfeed table?

On 7/11/2011 1:08 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 7/11/11 12:51 PM, Sonny wrote:
I would recommend using small clamps to clamp each end of the cleating
boards. My outfeed table is screwed to the tablesaw, via angle iron,
and occassionally it still moves laterally, misaligning the miter
slots (1/32" is enough movement).
Sonny

Sonny,

I did drill a conveniently accessible screw hole on each table end just
in case it had a tendency to push away from the table saw during use,
but it doesn't, so I haven't bothered to screw it onto the mating cleat
board.

Also angling the two legs slightly will have the same effect in
precluding lateral movement in either direction, as well as using a
60/30 French cleat instead of a 45 degree (the drawing shows a 45 degree
French cleat angle), but again, it has not been a problem in use.

Widen them.
There's no reason for extension slots to be as narrow as the miter slots.

Mike,

Absolutely, AAMOF, I'd already marked them out for routing ... at almost
1/4" wider per slot side ... just waiting until I feel like taking it
off and getting covered in router crap, before I broke out the router.

Now that the project was picked up by the paint contractor this morning,
I may do it this afternoon.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010