Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Rattle Can ARRRRGGGGHHHHH.

On 7/11/11 5:03 AM, Bill wrote:

On 7/10/2011 12:13 PM, J. Clarke wrote:

Got a rattle can of Helmsan polyurethane to coat a plywood fixture
that's going to get wet. Well, all went well for the first two coats,
but halfway through the third, with about a quarter of the can used, the
damned thing stuck open and wouldn't stop spraying. I tried pulling up
on the nozzle and that just made it start shooting out the top after the
nozzle came off. So I sprayed the basement steps until it was empty (I
would really rather have swept them first but putting something on them
has been on the to-do list for a while so it wasn't a total waste).

Never had that happen before, usually they clog before they're empty.

Annoyign thing about this one is that I can't even take it back for
credit--who's gonna believe that I'm not just trying to mooch a freebie
after I used it up?

Surely the problem, since it exits, is not unheard of. I think you're on
really safe ground. As Leon suggested, it can't hurt to develop a bit of
attitude before you go in...think of the 2 hours you spent cleaning up
the mess...

Bill

No attitude needed.
I thought this group was full of old people. Aren't old people always
complaining about how nobody's friendly anymore? Either way, you're
getting a refund. You can be a dick about it and get a refund or you can
be nice about it and maybe lighten someone's day in the process.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--