Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Dishwashing machines need phosphates

On Mon, 11 Jul 2011 09:13:04 -0800, Jon Anderson
wrote:

On 7/11/2011 7:34 AM, Pete C. wrote:

Well, you certainly aren't going to get any algae blooms in a septic
system since it is not exposed to any light.

True, but would it be harmful to the bacteria that keeps the septic working?

I ask, as my ex used bleach a fair bit, and I learned sometime after our
divorce, that bleach is not good for septic systems. I never said
anything to the landlord about it. I don't use bleach myself, but don't
want to be flushing anything else into the tank that might cause
problems again.

I've been on septic systems since I moved out of my parents' house.
Soap, paper, and bleach are bad for the system, so I go minimal when
possible. But my backside puts out enough healthy bacteria for the
septic system to continue doing its thing despite my laundry days, so
don't worry too much about it.

--
Win first, Fight later.

--martial principle of the Samurai