Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Dishwashing machines need phosphates

"Jon Anderson" wrote in message
On 7/11/2011 7:34 AM, Pete C. wrote:

Well, you certainly aren't going to get any algae blooms in a septic
system since it is not exposed to any light.

True, but would it be harmful to the bacteria that keeps the septic
working?

I ask, as my ex used bleach a fair bit, and I learned sometime after our
divorce, that bleach is not good for septic systems. I never said anything
to the landlord about it. I don't use bleach myself, but don't want to be
flushing anything else into the tank that might cause problems again.

Jon

Google "phosphate in septic systems" without quotes, and you'll find a
wealth of info. The bottom line is, no problem, except when it's a problem.
d8-)

--
Ed Huntress