Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark[_30_] Mark[_30_] is offline

Default Energy Saving Gadgets

On 09 Jul 2011 13:52:54 +0100 (BST), Theo Markettos
wrote:

Andrew May wrote:
Television, similarly not. If I leave the room to make a cup of tea
during the adverts then I want it still on when I get back.

Kitchen appliances, nope. If I set the toaster running I want it to
finish what it is doing and popup when it has finished whether I am in
the kitchen or not. Ditto the kettle.

The delay time is settable between 5 and 30 mins, so turning off the TV
after 30 mins is rather more sensible than 3. You don't leave the kettle
and the toaster on for long periods, and they don't suggest using it for
them.

So, by not having one of these devices, I can switch unnecessary
appliances off well before 5 minutes have elapsed. Therefore I save
more power by /not/ having one.

And I'll bet they switch off everything when you /are/ in the room
like those lighting systems in public loos that plunge you into pitch
darkess mid ****.
--
(\__/) M.