Posted to alt.home.repair

Default fixing old window - pic attached

"leza wang" wrote in message
my bed room windows is too old i need to do some repair (i.e. wood
filling, cleaning, painting etc). I am not sure how to open it to
clean it and do the wood filling. i could not find any youtube video
to show how to repair an old 2 hung window. any help would be very
much appreciated. the following are pictures of my windows which are
identicals

http://tinypic.com/r/2m43kzs/7
http://tinypic.com/r/2whnnva/7

Unless the house has some historical significance, don't even try. You can
buy replacement windows that will seal better, tilt in for cleaning, and
save energy. Not to mention just plain work better. I used to sell and
install them years ago. Once you've done a few, you can do a window in less
than 30 minutes start to finish.