Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default A dog walks the first gorilla

On Jul 10, 2:14*pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:

The above is pretty much what I said a long time ago about why the
Southern politicians all campaigned as if they were racist. *The
average person in the South was not racist, but none of the
politicians wanted to lose the 5 % of the voters that were racist.
You did not like that argument, but now you are saying the same thing.

Well, I don't remember that, and I'd need to see how you made the case, but
as you describe it here, I would not disagree.

--
Ed Huntress

I was arguing that Southerners were not as racist as you thought.
That all the politicians wanted the racist votes so it seemed that the
South was more racist than it really was. At the time the Southern
politicians were all Democrats.

Dan