Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] BonnettDecorating@hotmail.com is offline

Default Paint

On Tue, 5 Jul 2011 15:37:41 -0700 (PDT), Dottie
wrote:

The store I have used for paint has moved to another town and I have
to find a new paint store to use. I live close to Ace Hardware and
when I went online the only brand they show is Royal. I don't know
how it compares in price to Behr which is what Home Depot has. HD is
a lot further from my house than Ace or Lowes ... Lowes has Valspars
and I have never heard of it. I have used Behr and know they make
good paint. Does anyone have any personal experience with Royal ?
What about the (new to me)Behr paint that is paint and primer
combined and only needs one coat? Would appreciate your suggestions.
I haven't painted in about five years - so I am out of practice in
buying paint.

Behr is a second line paint when compared to Moore or Sherwin Williams
best. That being said, it IS good paint and a good value. I am
unimpressed with Valspar.
Primer/finish combo?
Primer has certain properties. Finish coatings have certain
properties. Combine them and you sacrifice something of each.
I have used the Behr combo paint and was unimpressed.