Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels[_3_] Lee Michaels[_3_] is offline

Default Rattle Can ARRRRGGGGHHHHH.

"J. Clarke" wrote

Got a rattle can of Helmsan polyurethane to coat a plywood fixture
that's going to get wet. Well, all went well for the first two coats,
but halfway through the third, with about a quarter of the can used, the
damned thing stuck open and wouldn't stop spraying. I tried pulling up
on the nozzle and that just made it start shooting out the top after the
nozzle came off. So I sprayed the basement steps until it was empty (I
would really rather have swept them first but putting something on them
has been on the to-do list for a while so it wasn't a total waste).

That is real funny, as long as it did not happen to me. I have to admit
that spraying the basement steps was quick thinking. Perhaps next time you
do this, you will sweep the steps, just in case history repeats itself.

I just need to know. How did you get out of the basement after spraying the
steps? Did you have to hibernate while the poly dried. This would be a
good thing to put into a slapstick type of comedy. Again, it is only funny
if it happens to the other guy.