Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default A dog walks the first gorilla

wrote in message
On Jul 10, 1:00 pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:

The fact is that polls have shown consistently, from late 2008 on, that
negative attitudes toward blacks amounted to somewhere between 4% to 20%
of
the anti-Obama vote. That's more than a reasonable margin for winning or
losing an election. The fact that they lost tends to obscure the fact, but
Iggy is quite right -- the Republicans now require negative racial
attitudes
on the part of some Republican voters in order to win an election. To put
it
another way, they now depend on the racists for political power.

Ed Huntress

The above is pretty much what I said a long time ago about why the
Southern politicians all campaigned as if they were racist. The
average person in the South was not racist, but none of the
politicians wanted to lose the 5 % of the voters that were racist.
You did not like that argument, but now you are saying the same thing.

Dan

Well, I don't remember that, and I'd need to see how you made the case, but
as you describe it here, I would not disagree.

--
Ed Huntress