Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Anderson Jon Anderson is offline

Default Some metal content, and wood and fabric....

This is the last year I will be able to attend the local airshow at the
Nevada County Airpark, and finally owning a really good camera, I
decided to make a day of it. Normally I'm in and out in an hour or two,
but this year I took my time, getting some nice artsy photos.
Happened to hear about a raffle for rides in a Waco biplane, so hustled
over and bought a couple tickets. Hour or so later, I heard my name
called over the PA, the last of 4 winners! I was the first to check in,
so got the first ride. Don't know the exact year, but it was a very nice
Waco UPF7, blue with yellow wings. My dad has a lot of time in Wacos and
considers them his favorite biplane. So this was a real thrill, and my
first ride in an open cockpit plane.

There is just nothing quite like lazily cruising about 800', watching
the scenery below slowly roll past!

Jon